It's that time again, folks. Join publisher Ryan Gorcey live from Haas Pavilion as Cal takes on No. 17 Washington at 7 PM at Haas Pavilion.
First, a few notes going into tonight's Pac-10 clash.
• Opposing roster available HERE.
• Abdul Gaddy went down with a season-ending knee injury last week in practice for the Huskies. In 13 games before the injury, Gaddy had averaged 8.5 points and 3.8 assists per game for Lorenzo Romar's squad.
• Washington (12-4, 4-1 in the Pac-10) fell 58-56 on Thursday to Stanford down on The Farm, blowing an 11-point lead with 11 minutes to go in the second half. The Huskies are now tied atop the conference standings with Arizona.
• The Bears' junior guard Jorge Gutierrez and Washington's starting point guard Venoy Overton have a wee bit of history together, and we're not talking about summer camp and basket weaving. The two have gotten into scuffles in the past, and with Gutierrez's fiery defense, expect some fireworks between the two tonight if the game gets tight.
• The Huskies starting five is projected to be Overton at the point, Isaiah Thomas at the two spot, Senegal native Aziz N'Diaye at center, senior Justin Holiday at small forward and London, Eng., native Matthew Bryan-Amaning at power forward.
• Thomas is averaging 15.9 points and 4.9 assists per game. Bryan-Amaning is averaging 14.8 points and 7.5 boards. Holiday is averaging 11.8 points and 5.8 rebounds.
• An unspecified player on Romar's squad is facing rape allegations. Romar addressed the accusations in his weekly presser for local media.